Thursday, February 15, 2007

Did I think I was the only one?

Well, let me start with...my husband is wonderful (you know it's not good when one has to start with "no offence..."). For Valentine's Day I was very surprised the day before to get a call from my favorite Car Buff Center saying that my valentine wanted to have my truck detailed for me as a surprise. I was absolutely thrilled, even though I have been known to take my truck in and have it washed, I was glad to have someone else booking it for me. When the truck was returned to me, it even had a flower and chocolates on the seat. I also got a lovely bouquet of flowers delivered with a lovely message. Needless to say, I was feeling like I was truly thought of.

Today, as I was out at my parents doing my morning chores, my father said 'oh I hear you had all of your employee vehicles detailed yesterday'. Not wanting to show any emotions, I agreed and pretended, in fact, that it was partially my idea. Boy was I choked!! I know that that sounds selfish and self-centered, but come on...on the one day of the year ( alright, Valentine's, my birthday and our anniversary...I don't share well!)! I called Dan today and told him, he just laughed and said as an outsider, it was pretty funny! I DON'T see it! Thanks Dan for always trying to make me see the lighter side.

Uggg....I'm happy that I got flowers and am very happy to have a honey to share my life, tears, fears and most of all, my dreams with. I just wish I didn't have to share with the other women in his life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty certain that you are the only one, but there are three or so days a year that you want confirmation that you are not just the only one, but if he had to do the choosing again, he'd still choose you. I would feel the same. I think a trip to Las Vegas would help. (Maybe mention that to him). Jenn :)

the Stewarts said...

LOL...well done! Wanna join us?

Canadian Kristin said...

Dwayne, Dwayne, Dwayne. Dude. What WERE you thinking?!?! This is gonna cost you....... now not only do you have to appease your wife, but her Blog-readers, too!
;-)