You know I have no life as I am always writing about my kids...come on, is it really that bad? After all, they are the bestest ever!!
Today I was in Wal-Mart talking on the phone with my friend Jenn and I was telling her all about the fun and cool stuff that went on yesterday and today...she said "did you blog it?", no I said. "Well you better go and blog" was her response. So here's my fun and exciting news!!
As some of you know, Cam has struggled with school right from the get go. We discovered in Grade 1 that he couldn't see well and he got glasses(the eye doctor wanted to wait until his eyes got bad as one was worse than the other). By the time he got glasses, he was behind in reading and to top it off had a teacher that didn't care. Now, 3 years later, a PACE program and Hooked on Phonics everyday he is reading Treehouse and Charlie Bones. We are so proud of him!! He has been 'beaten down' by the system and didn't understand the need to try just for his own satisfaction. Well he FINALLY gets it! He is getting perfect scores on spelling 17/17 on Friday and in a 'bribe' type fashion I told him I'd take him to get something if he got a perfect score (hence the reason we were in Wally's world!). He also got 69/72 on him multiplication table test on Friday...wow, he's so excited and proud of himself.
Today...he was racing BMX once again and in one of his mottos (races) he came in first, the second he come in third and then a 2nd place on the third race. He is so happy! (and so are we!)
We've always known it was in him, but he is just figuring out now that he is worth the effort for himself and not for anyone else.
YEAH....GOOD DAY!!! We love you Cammy!
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS CAM!!! On the reading, the math and the mottos!!! Your doing great! You know what the best thing about reading is? It's this: no one can keep anything secret from you every again, because everything is written down somewhere!!!!!!! Pretty cool, huh?!?!
Good job, Cam!!!
Post a Comment