She has been with us since September 20, 2001. Doesn't hardly seem that long but she has listened to my thoughts, my fears and has always been a faithful companion. I remember the day she arrived at the farm, coming out of a trailer, I had never seen such a beautiful mare, I cried then as I do now. Never, did she ask for anything in return except for a good scratch behind the ear or a nibble on a yummy apple.
There is no secret so close as that between a rider and her horse.
~Robert Smith
Blondie helped teach our kids tenderness and respect while they brushed her, climbed on her and snuck under her belly to get to the other side. She has always been a very kind animal with the kind of eyes that tell their own story. In a previous post, I explained about our time getting a final diagnosis on Feb 3rd. Her eyes now tell their story, and I believe that she is ready to go. She is scared and is constantly worried about what is going on around her. We would be taking a very selfish stand in not letting her go to a happier, safer and more peaceful place.
2 comments:
Oh Diane. I am so sorry. I am praying God's peace for you through this sadness.
:(
Jenn
Post a Comment