Friday, February 02, 2007
Quick blog today
The kids and I have been enjoying watching our favorite web cams of late. We have checked out Rome (as my parents are there), Hawaii (where the Langs were) and our absolute favorite, the Nkorho Pan web cam. It is a cam overlooking a natural watering hole in South Africa where we were on Safari. Last night we watched giraffes and elephants. Due to the time difference their daylight is in the evening or morning for us. Check out http://www.wavelit.com/ and click on the african web cam. You can also check out the bears on Grouse Mtn hibernating on the same site. ENJOY the trip to South Africa and Kruger National!!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! I discovered the joy of web cams a few years ago and had quite the little addiction going on there for awhile. It's just so delightful for curious people such as myself. :)
Yeah, the webcam in Hawaii was a lot of fun, we found it on the beach in Maui and had our kids go online and see us on the beach, truly, the world is getting smaller
Will check out Africa...I've not experienced "webcam" before....
Okay..... so Kyle and I are totally hooked on Africa!!!! Diane, we thought we saw lots of shooting stars??? We DID see two heron type birds at the water and heard something that sounded like a large cat roar/rumbling!!!!!! Super-cool!!!!!
Hey Kristin and Kyle: The 'shooting stars' are bugs. I wish you could see the night sky there, no light pollution it's amazing!! Watch at their dawn and dusk times mostly, that's when all the creatures appear. Have fun on your adventures on safari!!
Post a Comment