Monday, February 18, 2008

Look at what else loves the sun!!

Today was possibly one of the most glorious days we have had in our new 2008 year. The temperature soared to 14* and the windows got opened to welcome a glimpse of spring....ahhhh! The only thing wrong with a lovely sunny day is the finger prints that appear on the windows....I'm sure they weren't there yesterday!! (for anyone that I have admitted to, fingerprints bring out the absolute OCD in me...hence they are all totally clear now!).

I got out to bootcamp this morning and Cam is out playing with friends in the neighborhood...all of them wearing shorts! I remember while living in Whistler, we would be in shorts at +3 and the non-locals would be in full parkas, I think they thought we were crazy. Nope, just getting every last bit of Vitamin D we could!

With all the birds out and happy, Mamma happy and the kids enjoying some sun...look at what else I found that came out to bask in the brightness?! My first little crocus(or is that crocii?)!! I wait all dreary winter for the little bit of color that will grace us...and it has arrived, early, just as the groundhog said it would!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayyy, crocuses, croci? hmmm...I like that the yellow ones seem to come up first, purple one soon I hope!!

Canadian Kristin said...

Hooray......spring is sprung!!!