For a couple of months a Mama (to-be) Robin has been building and tending to her nest. Amazingly, she chose her nest to be at our back patio door where there is a lot of activity. The kids and I have watched closely to the going's on and Dwayne makes sideways comments every chance he gets about her. You see....for the past couple of years this Robin (we think it's the same one) has built a nest on top of our speakers outside and with the slope the way it is, the nest always slides off as she gets to the end of it. This year she built on top of a support for an outdoor light. Dwayne hates her and the mess she left while building, but she persevered!!
Today our little birds emerged from two of the eggs. A third egg has yet to hatch but we are awaiting the little arrival. Mama Robin has been very good at sitting on her eggs and tending to her new babies. This has been so much fun for the kids and I to learn about birds and their breeding, incubation and impending rapid growth. I will post the pics every couple of days to show the amazing growth of the birdies!!
Today our little birds emerged from two of the eggs. A third egg has yet to hatch but we are awaiting the little arrival. Mama Robin has been very good at sitting on her eggs and tending to her new babies. This has been so much fun for the kids and I to learn about birds and their breeding, incubation and impending rapid growth. I will post the pics every couple of days to show the amazing growth of the birdies!!
PS. We used a mirror above the nest to get the pictures....no birdie was injured in the taking of these pictures!!
4 comments:
Okay, so I don't like a pile of bird s&*% on the side of my house. But I do understand the value of the "birds and the bee's", so I can live with the life living on my living space. Is that aliteration? Okay, time to sleep now. Tree huggers.
How cool is that!?!
I am shocked that my friend Dwayne has allowed this to go on year after year! At least they are not crapping on the speakers anymore!!
-Dan
I was wondering if Mama Robin had hatched her eggs yet! How very sweet it is for you to be part of that lovely spring thing birdies do!!!
Post a Comment