A teary eyed boy (Cam) called me to his room this morning. I hugged and loved and then asked what was wrong. He said "this weekend was so great and I really want to write about it in my journal, do you think that would be alright?". I didn't understand why he was asking though so I told him it was always great to write about our fun family days (we have a rule about what is said in our house, stays here...must be my upbringing in politics). He started to get agitated and said that I would have to write him a note to say it was ok. I still was puzzled but agreed and he reached over and put his hand on my cheek and told me he was afraid of going to the principals office for writing Hell's Gate, "cause it's a swear word Mom"!! I had to explain the reason for the name and that if it wasn't Heaven then it was surely Hell (as written by Simon Fraser in 1808). A bit more of discussion on names etc and he started to get dressed.
He was fine in the end but I sent the note anyway just so he would be fine writing about the day. He is definately my soft soul!!
3 comments:
Thats a funny little boy you have there!! He made me laugh a lot last weekend!
-Dan
hey Di, I just got a chance to read your blog. Wow! times have changed. I'll write more, but in the mean time, check out our photo site www.flickr.com/photos/budgeandbruce
Bruce
Aren't boys so sweet?! I think so!
Post a Comment