Saturday, August 02, 2008

Aloha...again!

Saturday we ventured as far north as we could go...seriously, to the end of the road in Pololu!! It has amazing cliffs and views. Truly gorgeous! The valley's that lead to the ocean were beautiful. If I was ever to go to Ireland, I imagine that's what it would look like....or....this is what it looks like at the end of Hwy 270 in Pololu!! We hiked down the 3 mile path for a bit and then aborted the mission as we'd already had a long afternoon. We had gone on an ATV adventure to hunt out waterfalls. They were gorgeous!! Sarah and Cam even braved it and swam in the large pond at the bottom of the 400 foot waterfall. We also stopped by the wind farm on the island. Up north near Hawi, surrounded by cows and calves...weird!
Sunday we spent just hanging out at the condo and catching up on sleep and some swimming in the pool.

Monday we again ventured north to Hapuna Bay State Park. Ok, seriously, the US knows how to do state parks!! We'd gone to the local shop and got a beach umbrella. Our condo had mats and even beach chairs (you know the ones with the little shorty legs!!). The bay was amazing...truly!! We had a turtle, we named him Crush, who swam with us for about 20 minutes and was so peaceful! We're good at eating at home alot and Dwayne has been bbq on each night (it's not charcoal, but it's still yummy!). We finished off our day with an amazing sunset!!

Off on another adventure today, I'll write about that in a couple of days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, seriously, do you want me to read and look at pictures or do you want me to listen to the music, because I can't do both at the same time. TURN OFF THE MUSIC! Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for more blogging from you. You write very well and make things sound soooo interesting!!

Canadian Kristin said...

WOW......bbq-ing or dinner out, swimming with mantas or turtles, waterfalls and atv-ing......THESE are the kinda decisions that make life super fun, eh!?!?
I'm so glad you are getting to do so many fun, family-centered adventures!!!!!!!!